this is my life

The world according to Chelsea.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Thank goodness, Elvis has left the building

As some of you know, Monday night was the Community Arts Showcase at the high school. I give Mrs. G. major props for putting together such a great show. I really wasn't aware that Hibbing had all of that talent.
Well, I went to the show with high hopes. Almost as soon as I sat down, I saw Natalie and Mary. They were nice enough to let me sit by them, so I did. As the evening progressed, I was thouroughly entertained. My high hopes were not in the least bit let down. It was getting towards the end of the program, and I thought I'd read the little part on the sheet they passed out that says thanks. The first thing it did was thank the "suprise guest band." Yeah, I figured they kind of ruined the suprise. As it turns out, they didn't ruin it at all. The "suprise guest band" came out and started to play. It was a catchy tune, but no one was singing and the middle of the stage was empty. Kind of suspicious, don't you think? Then, out of no where, Elvis came on stage! He was singing and playing the guitar; it was the funniest thing I had seen in a while. The funny part was that "Elvis" was Mr. Veneziano. Now, take a minute to let that thought soak in. Okay, enough time; along with that thought, imagine him in a white, spandex Elvis suit. I know, YUCK! I actually had to turn my head because it was so disturbing. However, the worst part was when he started to move around for a while and his shirt was moving with him. His shirt moved so much in fact, that it started to come open. All I saw when I looked next was a middle aged man with his shirt half open. I wanted to toss my cookies right then and there. It went from the funniest thing I had seen to the most disgusting thing I had seen.
So we see that it's all fun and games until some middle aged teacher starts to lose his shirt!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:52 AM, Blogger Natalie said…

    haha, chelsea that concert was hilarious. i'm glad that you came and sat by me! mr. veneziano is a good singer. i don't know about dancer though, lol. jk. love you!
    love, natalie

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] said…

    Oh, my. MY EYES!

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger dangeresque dan said…

    Surely it couldn't have been that bad.

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger JC said…

    Chels- I have a ?? for you. Can you email me at jclair@yahoo.com? Thanks!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home