this is my life

The world according to Chelsea.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Update Summary

Well, tomarrow I leave for camp! I'm so excited. Camp is always a wonderful experience that I love! I hear our speaker, Nate Rusch, is really good. This year at camp is going to rock!

Okay, now for some quick updates.
On Thursday night, I learned a very valuable lesson: never go rollerblading without a helmet (and other protective gear) as well as brakes! I totally wiped out and cut up my legs and an arm. The good news is nothing happened to the rollerblades.
Friday night, my mom wanted some "quality time" together. She took me to Grand Rapids to see the Showboat! Woohoo! I truly thought it was going to be lame, but it turned out to not be that bad. We left a little early because it would have been crazy getting out of there otherwise. The best part of the show was this one lady. She must have been in her mid 60's. It was so funny because she sang louder than anyone else on stage and probably shouldn't have. Actually, she reminded me a lot of a substitute music teacher I had in 4th or 5th grade. We told her where we were in our books. As the class started to sing the song we left off on, the teacher was singing something completely different. All of a sudden we heard this lady going nuts on the chorus. "Valdarieeeeeeee, valdaraaaaaaaaaaaa, valdarieeeeeeeee, valdarahahahahahahaahhahahaaha!" she sang. The entire class got silent. This lady stunk at singing. As was the case at the showboat. I mean, she was on pitch and made a great chorus member, but she didn't have a personal mic for a reason! At one point, I actually heard the microphone she was standing under get turned off, but you could still hear her. It was awsome!
Yesterday, I went out to lunch with Solomon and Esther Jacobson. They are so cute! We ate at Mc Donald's then played at the park. After that, I went mini golfing with Summer Survivor. That was sweet! Jess Broberg did awsome. She got a 61! Then, I helped Brooke get ready for her shindig and headed over to Jen's mom's house. I was really tired, so I didn't stay long. It was fun though. I really like going out there. I wish I would have gone swimming. That would have been awsome!

Well, that's the "Update Summary." I'll post after camp!

check out toptenofourmen.blogspot.com next Friday or Saturday. There should be some pics up by then.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sure you are already on your way to church to leave. You girls have fun! We will miss you around here. Can't wait to see the new blog~did you bring your questions?

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] said…

    "Valdarieeeeeeee, valdaraaaaaaaaaaaa, valdarieeeeeeeee, valdarahahahahahahaahhahahaaha!"

    I HATE THAT SONG WITH A PASSION. -kills it- Thanks for helping me out, by the way.

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Shainerz said…

    Chels- you always have the most entertaining stories, for real. They are fun to read! Camp WAS awesome!!! Too bad the "top 10" didn't work out, but basically all the guys we would have put on our top ten were taken anyway :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home