this is my life

The world according to Chelsea.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Soccer: The sport that never dies!

Well, on Thursday, I had a soccer game in Duluth. You see, I'm in a "laid back" summer soccer program. What that means is: no conditioning (well, not like they do in the fall); make practice, if you can (they are okay with conflicts); and there is little or no punishment for missing games. Now, at first glance, that seems wonderful! You can be lazy, slack off, and have fun all at the same time (it rarely ever works out that way). However, there is a catch. The catch is that 99.9% of the team is serious about soccer. Therefore summer soccer is serious. Not to get off subject, but that 0.1% that isn't serious about soccer is me! Anywho, winning really means a lot to the team, and I hate to let them down!

Back to Thursday's game. It was just a make-up game, so it didn't actually count for anything (not like summer soccer counts for anything anyways). But, as usual, the team did its best. We ended up winning, which is good...great...wonderful! The score was like 8-2.

That game was on Thursday, and today we had another game. This one actually counted (it was a play off game). We won 2-0. I'm really excited, I guess. The only thing is, I'm ready for it to be over! This program is like a rabbit that you want to die, but feel badly for killing it. It's not only a rabbit, it's someone's pet rabbit! You would love to take a BB gun to it for ruining your garden (garden representing growth and life), but then you would be killing someone's treasured pet. I just sit there, asking myself, "Is it dead yet? Is it dead yet?" and the answer is always no! It just won't die.

This is the longest summer soccer season of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home