this is my life

The world according to Chelsea.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I Love Babies

Babies are so cute! Well, okay, some babies aren't, but Shaleah's baby is! Oh my goodness, Amara Langner is so pretty. Seriously, I think that she will be the cutest girl. I wish I was more computer friendly and could down load some pictures of her. It's not that I don't know how to use a computer, it's just that I don't know how to use EVERYTHING on a computer. Anywho, that's not the point. The point is that every time I see a baby, I can't wait to have one. It's like there's a little voice inside of me saying "Have a baby. Have a baby." To be honest, it's probably the estrogen talking. Okay, I was just kidding about that. You can calm down now. If you really think about it, the only thing that stops people from flooding the earth with babies is their voice of reason (and also a lack of attraction). Some couples never have kids. My psychology teacher calls them DINKs (Double Income No Kids). Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. You can't force a person to have children. On the other side of the spectrum, you have the "We want more, we want more" (referring to children) couples. It's like they don't see the suferring it takes to raise kids. Either that, or none of their kids are teenagers yet. Once your child hits puberty, your hormones are over ruled by the louder voice that says "Your child is crazy and so are you if you have another one!" At least that's the impression I get from my parents. They laugh at the mention of another baby.

Someday, I will have my own child. Hopefully, I will bring into the world a beautiful, smart, talented person. If I don't, I will just have to try again! (J/K) I can't wait (although my mother assures me I can). Maybe it's all the excitement of babies (with Shaleah having hers, and my sister finding out she's having a boy), or maybe it's just that time of the month. Which ever one it is, I don't care. Babies are adorable. There's just something about them that makes me want to smile. Perhaps, for now, I do not need my own baby. Rather, I'll just help with everyone elses!


P.S.
Oh yeah! I don't know how I forgot about this yesterday, but I had a speech meet on Saturday. I got first place. It was so exciting! Well, bye!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] said…

    Yeah.. That's probably the estrogen talking. But, the voice that says "We want more! We want more!" Is probably the voice of Pastor Randy, because he sure says that alot when they dedicate a baby at church on Sundays. Giggle. Babies are tute. I haven't seen Amarah! I must! I saw that picture that PA took of Shaleah holding her at the hospital.. but her eyes weren't open or anything. I probably won't be able to see her for a while, because when Shaleah does come to church, everyone will be all excited and crowded around there, so I probably won't get a chance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home