this is my life

The world according to Chelsea.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

HAWK NELSON!

Hawk Nelson rocks! They are a band from Canada. Some people think that they're less than desirable, but I think they're great! I went to their concert in Duluth Saturday night to kind of get away from things, and it was awsome. My favorite song is "Letters to the President." I like it because I definately feel the same way as Hawk with this song. It talks about how there is always something going on that should be changed. Yet no one ever wants to do anything about it!
That is so evident almost everywhere you go. Schools, for example, can always improve one way or another. Parents complain to schools about how discipline should be tougher so students don't get into as much trouble. Some of those same parents then complain again when their child is "over disciplined" or "unjustly" accused of a crime. Instead of taking action and disciplining the child where he/she should be disciplined (at home), the parents just talk about what they think everyone else should do.
Of course, that is just one scenario (and not all parents are like that). But, if you think about it, that sort of thing happens all the time. We complain about the filthy air, yet we drive when we could walk. So many of our problems could probably be solved if we just did something about them. My philosophy is: if you don't have the will power to change it, don't complain about it!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Yeah, i feel the same way. Yeah, hawk nelson does rock. Not many ppl, -cough- my family -cough, cough- give them enough credit. they hear that me and my friends like them, and they are an all boy band, so they must be a boy band.
    boy band- a band consisting of boys, which are heart throbs to every girl in america. all their songs consist of how cute, and or hot, they are and that they should be heart throbs.

    so, clearly, hawk nelson isn't a boy band. yeah, so there my family. they say all their songs sound alike. they couldn't be more wrong. they don't actually listen to the words.

    tootles! :)

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] said…

    I totally agree. That's my favorite song, too! You rock, Chels.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home