this is my life

The world according to Chelsea.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

showered with babies!

Well, I always thought that baby showers were supposed to be a time of celebration for the mother and her friends. I guess I was wrong! No, baby showers have nothing to do with celebrating! They are all about the babies. If your next baby shower doesn't have at least 10-15% of the people attending age 1 and under, you are obviously doing something wrong! I went to a baby shower tonight, and there were more babies there than cake (and there was a lot of cake)! It was crazy. Someone was holding someone else's baby while someone else was calming a crying baby and another person was feeding a baby that they didn't even know! I'm sure the mother-to-be was so excited for all of the noisy joy to be her own soon. The next time I go to a baby shower, I think I'll ask exactally how many babies we're going to be showered with!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Yeah, i think that they are really about playing really werid games. Oh, and eating cake. Oh, and calling ppl on your cell phone, like plaid. Yeah.

    tootles! :)

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] said…

    Or, calling people on Brooke's cell phone. Hey! That's me.

    That was a fun shower. Too many babies. But they're cute.

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Yeah, sorry. I thought i was reading mine and brooke's blog. Yeah, i need to get out into the blog "world" more. Go beyond just posting on my own. actually, i go to the rev one too. ha

    tootles! :)

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Oh, by the way, i see that we can post anonymous, that's great.

    tootles! : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home