this is my life

The world according to Chelsea.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Batman Begins (A late review)

Last night I went to see Batman Begins. I found it to be an overall good movie that I enjoyed but probably won't see again until it comes out on video. The plot was just the way I like it--intricate enough to get your brain moving and predictable enough to make you feel smart. The only negative thing I would say about it is that the tone of the movie was a bit dark. I've always known Batman was a creature of the night, but I didn't know he could give me nightmares! (I didn't really have any nightmares, but I did get scared at parts) Oh, and before I forget, kudos on the love story part. Most movies get too much into the love and not enough into the action and fighting and violence (yeah violence!), but there was only one kiss that I saw. The romance between Bruce and Rachel took a backseat, and I appreciated that.

Well, that's my review (which is completely useless because everyone's already seen it). If you are one of the five or ten people who has not seen Batman Begins, then I suggest seeing it sometime. However, if you are everyone else in the world, I thank-you for bearing with me while reading the review.

*EXTRA On the way home from the movie, the topic of action movie guys becoming family movie guys came up. I would just like to say that there are some things Vin Diesel should not do on the big screen and changing diapers is one of them! (But I've never actually seen "The Pacifier" so I'm not criticizing.)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    Hey I would have went but I...kinda...fell asleep at my house before I could leave..dang everytime I am just going to take a quick nap I end up waking up the next morning jeez

     
  • At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Umm...yeah what my mom said i guess...and also I thought the movie was great when i saw it. I mean it was better then War of the Worlds..sorry chris!
    And wow Jason you must have been quite tired to sleep that long or else you are depressed! but that can't be it because you are always so happy...i guess.
    much love
    BrITtaNY

     

Post a Comment

<< Home