this is my life

The world according to Chelsea.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Free At Last!

"Free at last, free at last! Thank God almighty I'm free at last!" That is it. Soccer is over! Today at 12:30, I had my last soccer game. This wasn't just the last game of the summer season; this was the last game of my high school soccer career! Finally! We ended up winning 3-1 (which is always nice). As the great high school coaches of the past have said, "It matters not whether you win or lose, but rather that it is over forever." Wait, maybe that wasn't a coach. I think it might have been a bitter ex-player of some game they really hated. Well, it's not important who said it. The important thing is that it was said. And if it hasn't been said before, it is on my blog and therefore has been said!

Even though I am overwhelmed with joy, I had some good times in soccer..........(the screen gets blurry as we travel back to yesteryear)......One time I scored a goal from the half line. Another time I dribbled the ball all the way down the field and then crossed it into the middle. We didn't get a goal, but it was still cool. I think I've made a couple of penalty shots in my day. I know that I've scored goals on free kicks before. Oh, and I have, numerous times, done something stupid. For instance, today as I was running down the field carefully watching the ball and not where I was going, I ran right into a girl from the other team and both of us ended up on the ground. It wouldn't have been too embarassing if the ball would have been even remotely close to us, but it was on the other side of the field. Ah, good times, good times.

Well, you can expect no more blog enteries about soccer from now on. I promise!

5 Comments:

  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger Jason said…

    Were all glad that soccer is over, who wants to watch THAT sport, just kidding, but seriously I have never watched a soccer game in my life. FOOTBALL ROCKS!!!!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] said…

    Congrats, Chels. I will be looking forward to no soccer posts then.

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The RABBIT IS DEAD THE RABBIT IS DEAD! Hey i liked watching her soccer games and i am glad i watched other ppl's to! (but they will remain nameless) Anyways i am soo glad you are happy you are done and I Hope you have a great year with the rest of your extra curricular activities!
    Much Love
    Brittany

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] said…

    Yeah, that's probably the only one that I've ever watched with you, Britt.

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] said…

    Or at all for that matter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home