this is my life

The world according to Chelsea.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Nothing Until Now

As some may have noticed, I haven't been posting very often. I do have a reason. One is school. The other is that I can't think of anything to post about! I don't see the point in posting just because! The most that's happened was Bobbie left. That was sad. I miss her, but at the same time I'm really glad she went. This was an opportunity she might not get again. However, other than that, Hibbing has been itself--not too much going on. Or has it?

Today is a very special day. Now technically, it's 12:30 or so, today is tomarrow (the date is 9/02/05). Some might question the importance of this date. I'll explain everything. In your mind, go back 18 years from today. Go to a town called Bemidji. There you will find a newlywed couple. This couple has just experienced a life-changing event. No longer will their lives be the same. At exactly 12:31 AM on September 2,1987, they had their first child together. She was some pounds and some ounces. The first step in taking care of a newborn is naming it (if it doesn't have a name, how will you punish it?). The mother wanted something exhotic such as Ulanda. I know what you're thinking, "She must have been a geography teacher to think of a country when she was hopped up on drugs!" Well, no, that 's not actually a country. The country is Uganda. And as for the mother, she wasn't a geography teacher or on drugs when she thought up the name. She's just weird. But what about the father? What did he think? He thought that Ulanda was strange and wanted something simple. Mary, or Susan would be a nice name according to the father. Unfortunately he was about thirty or so years late for those names (nothing against any Marys or Susans, I happen to like those names). What to do, what to do? The mother wanted one thing and the father wanted another. It seemed that there was only one logical solution: a fight to the death. The father won. Therefore, the daughter was named Mary but never got to meet her mother...............Sad, huh?.........Well, maybe that 's not what REALLY happened..........Okay, what really happened was they settled on an in between name. They settled on..........(anticipation building)...........(almost there)............(by this time you've probably figured the name out)...........C-h-e-l-s-e-a (those little dash thingies are in there for dramatic affect). That's right, the baby was me. Which means that today is my B-day! Normally I don't really care, but I'm 18 now, so I can...um...uh...legally vote. Or at least that's about all I'd want to do.

Anywho, I'm excited for a new year and can't wait to see what God does. I hear He gives legal adults more power. ;) Well, until something else thrilling happens, c-ya!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger dangeresque dan said…

    Have a Great Birthday Chelsea. Enjoy the voting priviledge. Not everyone gets to. Felons and minors don't get to. What does that mean? RUB IT IN THEIR FACES!

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Jilb said…

    Happy Birthday! Have a great today!!!

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Natalie said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELSEA! its so exciting that you are 18! i love you and have a great day!
    love, natalie

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Shainerz said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (Yes i know it was 2 days ago..and I knew on that day that it was your birthday!) Welcome to adult world. Nothing too different since I haven't got to experience voting or anything too exciting yet. It's just fun saying that you're an adult. So much for trying to act more mature :P Nah! What fun would that be? j/k.
    Love you chica!!!!

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Jenni said…

    HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM ALL OF US TO YOU. WE WISH IT WAS OUR BIRTHDAY, SO WE COULD PARTY TOO!

    tootles! :)

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] said…

    I say that what Jenni says, is what I say.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home