this is my life

The world according to Chelsea.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Trip to City: Parts 1 & 2

Okay, so the title is kind of weird, I know. What you need to understand though is that Brit posted on her blog about the same thing that I'm going to, and I was going to use the same title but thought it wise not to. I hear originality is valued or something and plagarism is frowned upon. Anywho, those who have already read Brit's blog know that this weekend we (me, Brit, my mom, my dad, Rachael, and Trevor) went to the Cities (or "City" as I like to call it). My parents just decided Sunday afternoon that a trip to visit Shawn, Jen, and Levi (the Fam) was a great idea. I personally thought that it wasn't the greatest idea. This whole weekend I've been gone and just wanted some time at home. Well, my family's political system hasn't evolved very much. We are still run by a monarchy (Actually, I have to give my parents props for being really understanding. I said I didn't want to go, and they were going to let me stay home. I couldn't because I would've felt really bad about it). Needless to say, I went but not alone. I called up Brit and she came with.

Well, we got to the City, checked in to our hotel, and headed for the Townhouse (Shawn and Jen's). We hung out there pretty much all night. It was cool. I even did homework for my online class there. About 10PM we went back to the hotel. Rachael, Trevor, Brit, and I all went to the pool. I think the deepest spot was 4 feet, but I'm not sure. Rachael was being...difficult. We only stayed for an hour (it was a very long hour). Back at the room, Rachael threw a fit because her slipper fell in the toilet (don't worry the water was clean). Once we settled her down and put her to bed, I stayed up with Brit and Trevor for a bit. All we did was talk about seemingly meaningless junk. I don't know, just being able to spend time with both of them was nice. They are, afterall, my best friends. At eight this morning we all woke up, got ready, and checked out. My mom and Rachael went to the Townhouse and the rest of us picked up Shawn and went golfing. I pretty much stunk. We all pretty much stunk. Brit was my consultant for the first four holes or so. Then she became Trevor's caddy. I tried to get her to hit the ball a few times, but I don't think she really wanted to. That was fine though. After golf we returned to the Townhouse for lunch. Finally we went shopping and made one more stop at the Townhouse before calling it a day. And what a day it was!

Even though I didn't want to go at first, I'm really glad I did. It rocked. I want to thank Brit for coming. Her being there is a big part of what made it so enjoyable! Thanks Brit! My dad said that we'll probably visit the Fam more frequently now that Levi exists. You know what that means!...okay, well, if you know what that means, please tell me because I'm not sure that I do. Well, until next time!
-chel_C

5 Comments:

  • At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry Chels i don't really i think i know what that means either!! Anywho i just wanted to thank your family for letting me come with you all and for the exciting stuff we got to do! You guys are all blessings and i pray God will truly bless!
    Much Love
    Brittany
    P.S. I liked how you mentioned the of course they both are my best friends...and LOL the slipper in the toilet!!!

     
  • At 5:29 AM, Blogger Shainerz said…

    Sounds like a very fun weekend, Chelsea, my dear! Glad you were able to enjoy it with family and friends :)

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Hey, it sounds like you guys had a great time. While you were going down to the cities, we were looking for Jason, how fun!

    tootles! :)

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] said…

    Yeah, that was pretty fun.

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger JC said…

    I think when a first born grandchild is born, the grandparents get this crazy disease that cuases them to do things they don't normally do. At least that is what happened to Lauren's grandparents.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home