this is my life

The world according to Chelsea.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

What?

Well, the title of this post explains my life as of late. Everything is going so quickly. I don't even know what to do. My instinct is to look around stupidly and say, "What?" One minute I'm at school, the next I have just inhaled my lunch/dinner. Then I go to work and come home just in time to do a couple hours worth of homework. By the time I actually settle down and fall asleep for a few moments, the alarm goes off and it's time for school again. It just never ends! The upside is that sleep is over rated! Some people sleep; I drink coffee.

Enough about me, how are you doing? That's good. Oh, and I was just kidding about the whole "enough about me" thing. I got you, didn't I? Back to me, I would like to take this opportunity (while I have your attention) to express my feelings concerning the holiday season (Thanksgiving to New Year's Day). I love it. There are three aspects about this season that make it particularily nice: the snow, the songs, and the food. The snow is amazing. There is just something about snow that makes me go, "Wow!" It's amazing how God can make something so beautiful out of everyday things (like water and air pollution). Secondly, I am in love with Christmas songs. They make me so happy. Honestly though, is there even a sad Christmas song out there? If so, please let me know. Wait, no, don't tell me. That might ruin my view on Christmas songs. Finally, there's the food. There are cookies, pies, chickens, turkeys, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, squash, homemade soups and chilli, candy canes, and egg nog. I don't understand how these wouldn't bring joy to a little boy or girl's face. So, like I said, I love the whole Holiday season. For real, it's like a month and a half of pure bliss.

With that said, I'm now going to go make some coffee, pretend it's egg nog or hot chocolate, do my homework while listening to Christmas songs, and dream about snow!
Until next time,
Chel_c

3 Comments:

  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger Natalie said…

    ohh, i totally agree with you (on loving this upcoming month and a half). everything is so wonderful! i can't wait til its december. i love you!
    love, natalie

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger dangeresque dan said…

    The one sad Christmas song I know is "Blue Christmas". Elvis sang it and Dolly Parton sang it later. It's a miserable song to listen to. . . I like egg nog.

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] said…

    Well, as my man Buddy always says, "Treat every day like Christmas!!!"

    I love you Chelsea. Great post.. I agree 110%!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home