this is my life

The world according to Chelsea.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Coffee Break

Hey! It's me again. Suprising, I know. Well, as most of you know, Saturday was my grad party. It went very well. I had so much fun and got to see people that I hadn't seen in a long time. Not to mention, I got to sit around and eat while I watched my family slave away (mwahahahaha)...you're right, evil laughs just aren't my thing. After the party, I got to go home and watch a movie (Walk the Line) with my neighbor Kim. I have to say that she is the greatest ever! She pretty much decorated the entire place on something like four hours of sleep. I kept telling her to go home and take a nap, but she said she wanted my family to enjoy the party. If I were her, I would have said get your own decorations and gone to bed. No, you're right again, I most likely would have done what she did, but it's fun to pretend that you're evil. Maybe it's wet ink on my fingers talking, but I think I'm going crazy. Oh yeah, back to my point. The movie...wait, that wasn't my point. Uh...my point was...RIGHT! Sunday came, and after church but before Reid's grad party, Trevor and I opened up some of my cards. It was fun for me because Trevor opened and read them while I recorded how much money I was getting. I must say that even though money is far from my favorite thing, when God showers it down at graduation time I am VERY thankful. Don't get me wrong, I could honestly care less about how much money I get because I know that God's going to take care of me. The thing is, it's nice to see God taking care of you right before your eyes.

Okay, so it's now Sunday night and Trevor and I had only opened half or so of the cards. My mom wanted me to come home so she could look at them with me, but I wanted to hang out with Britt before she went to Sparta and I went to Thailand. When I got home, I was crazy tired but decided to finish opening the cards anyway. To my suprise, I finished before dawn and actually got a little sleep. Monday morning came and I woke up at the crack of 10:30 to the phone ringing. My friend wanted some help with last minute homework so she could graduate. I helped her, went to work, came home, and started working on...(scary music)...THANK-YOU CARDS! At first, it wasn't bad. I went through the cards and wrote down on a little piece of paper who gave what. It was fun, like playing secretary or something. Unfortunately, I didn't get paid for overtime and couldn't quit. Of course, I didn't even come close to finishing last night. This morning I knew that if I didn't finish them soon, I'd be up at 2AM Friday morning scrambling before I left for Minneapolis and Thailand. From 9-11AM and from 12-2PM I have been doing nothing but thank-you cards. It wouldn't be so bad if I just said, "Thank-you. It really meant a lot to me." But no, I wanted to make sure that people knew that I really was thankful and not just a copy-paste machine. After four grueling hours of heartfelt sentiment, I'm only on the Helstroms. THAT'S IT! Do you know how many people there are on the list after the Helstroms? Obviously you don't, so let me clue you in...about a million! Actually, I don't mind it. Even though I rant and rave about how horrible it is, I like taking time to thank people for their time spent on me. Well, that kind of ruined my post. Now I don't have anything to talk about. Oh well. I need to go to work anyways. I guess my coffee break is over. So much for the coffee.
-chel_c

3 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger midnight mama said…

    You are so funny. I like pretending I'm evil too. It's one of my favorite pasttimes. :)

     
  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] said…

    At least you are dedicated to doing it. You're so wonderful, Chelsea. Have a safe trip in Thailand! We'll be praying for you, love :)

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    I like when you post :D

    tootles! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home