this is my life

The world according to Chelsea.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Wild Weekend

Hey!
So Britt came to NCU this weekend because it was WEA (isn't that funny, WEA...hehe). She came up on Friday for chapel, and today at 2:30 (more like 2:45 or 3:00) we met her mom and Jess in Rochester. It was a good weekend. I shall go through it day by day (from my perspective).
Friday:
We went to chapel like good students and met with Jesus (and Dr. Anderson). I really did enjoy chapel. It was Friday prayer and fasting, but we just ended up getting communion and then getting lunch. We ate our lunches from the deli in Craig's office (it's actually the video booth and this guy named Eric's office, but Craig's name is on the lamenated sheet of paper too). That was fun. After lunch, we came back to the room. Ruth worked. She's a hard worker and did a good job. While she was hard at work, Britt and I went to Barnes and Noble and talked...about boys...that's all I'm saying...we want to protect the rights of the innocent. It was fun, but then me the party pooper had to go to work @4. We came back, but then we saw Craig and he said he'd work for me if we went to Chipotle for supper. Who could say no to that? No work AND Chipotle! The only bad thing was that I had planned on making fajitas and having a fiesta for supper...I cancled it...but I forgot to tell the people I invited...like our brother floor...whoops. Britt and I headed over to Craig's and made up the fajitas anyway. We saved it for later. Craig asked if we would not leave until someone got there (either him or his roommate). We chilled and watched Lizze McGuire (and Even Stevens and Home Improvement). It was a long wait...with candy...and cable...I felt lazy...it was good. Craig showed up @6 and we went back to the dorms. Then we got ready with Ruth and headed to Chipotle. We got there and ate, and it was amazing. But...there was something missing. We wanted more. We went to Dinky Town. Annie's Parlour was calling our name. We drove around Dinky Town for quite some time looking for parking. When we finally parked, we walked to Annie's and ordered a shake (and Craig ordered a float). It was fun. We were getting tired and things were pretty funny. Annie's was good, but there was still something missing. Two words: Cheesecake Factory. On our way out to the car, we saw a gang of rollerbladers coming down the sidewalk. Low and behold, it was our brother floor! It was a kind of random encounter, but it was fun. That was when I found out that I forgot to tell them the fiesta was canceled...I guess they came to our floor during open dorms looking for the fiesta and fajitas but found neither. Again, whoops. Moving on, we went to Rosedale Mall (?) to the Cheesecake Factory. We each got a piece. They were HUGE! Needless to say, after two other restaurants, we had some difficulty with the cheesecake. Actually, we were on a bit of a sugar buzz...or maybe it was just an "I'm so full I'm going crazy" buzz. We were having problems. All of us came back to NCU feeling like we would explode at any sudden movement. When we got to our dorm room, we got ready for bed and watched Lord of the Beans (good movie). That was the end of Friday.
Saturday:
It was 8:30 and my phone rang. I started hitting my alarm clock in vain. I realized it was my phone and grabbed it to see who was waking me up. It said Steve K. I thought, "This has got to be either a halucination or some sort of elaborate dream." I opened up my phone just to see if it would say disconnected. It started counting the seconds as if I was actually on the phone. Then it hit me, I was on the phone. Steve had called me and I was just staring at the screen. My mind turned on and I said hello. Steve wanted to know if I could help out with video for the leadership conference. It wasn't a big deal so I agreed, left a note for Britt to call me, and headed over. After that, I got ready and Britt and I headed downtown just to check it out a little. We went to Macy's. That lasted like 5 seconds. I was so afraid that if I looked at something wrong, it would break, and I would have to pay like $3,000 for it. We were in and out in no time. Then we decided to go to MOA. We took the lightrail. It was my first time. It was cool. We hung out at MOA for a while and then I had to come back to go to work. Britt met Craig and Ruth in the cafeteria and I got ready. I worked from 6-2AM with a 30 minute break (pizza with Craig, Ruth, and Britt). Because it was daylight savings time, I had the option of staying until 3 (which was 2 after the clocks were rolled back an hour). I decided to sleep. While I was working, the others (Craig, Ruth and Britt) were going to go to a Barlow Girl, Matthew West, and Downhere concert. It was sold out, so they went to Boarders instead and took pictures for me (I really wanted some pictures of the weekend). They had fun I think.
Sunday:
We got up for church. We went to church. It was good. After we ate the fajitas from Friday and headed on over to Rochester to meet Britt's mom (it was the others and me that went). We took pictures of that too.
Overall, it was an amazing weekend. I had lots of fun. Here are some pictures.




1 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Jenni said…

    OH MY GOSH! I miss you guys SOOOO much! Just reading that reminded me of some good times we all had here. I'm glad you guys had a great weekend :D

    tootles! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home